This is the web version of the Bull Sheet, Fortune’s daily No-BS newsletter in the markets. Sign up here to get it in your inbox.
Good Morning. Perhaps it was a somewhat subdued, socially distant affair in Washington yesterday – the LOWEST. INAUGURATION.TURNOUT. IN THE. MEMORY !, someone tweeted somewhere no doubt – but investors were out there popping champagne corks.
US stocks hit record highs on Wednesday and global stocks continue to rebound today. Unfortunately, Bitcoin continues to decline.
Let’s see where investors put their money.
- The mayor Asia indices are usually higher in afternoon trading with the Shanghai Composite above 1.1%.
- Alibaba Investors are doing a bit of profit-taking today and sending shares in the e-commerce giant 2.7% lower. That’s after the company $ 58.2 billion Increase on Wednesday.
- Chinese tech stocks I was on a month-long tear. The Market Ear Blog RemarksThe closely watched KraneShares CSI China Internet ETF (KWEB) is almost on the up 25% since Christmas we have seen global tech trade flare up again.
- The European stock exchanges were higher out of the gates with that Stoxx Europe 600 above 0.75%. with auto and bank stocks leading the way.
- The real estate market for LondonMayfair and Knightsbridge, the chicest neighbors, are hitting all kinds of COVID turbulence, forcing landlords and property owners alike Slash rents and asking prices.
- The Bitcoin The market may have stalled right now, but that’s not stopping BlackRock. The world’s largest asset manager will be for the first time Offer futures in digital currency to customers.
- US futures win again this morning. That’s after all three exchanges and the Russell 2000 closed in the green on Wednesday with a series of new all-time highs.
- The big winner was Netflixwho jumped 16%. (It’s flat this morning) When F.ortuneAaron Pressman explained, perhaps overlooked in all the joy of new subscriber signups, is even bigger news – that “the company would be Cash flow positive this year despite spending close to $ 20 billion on new programming. “
- The positive corporate earnings have proven to be a huge tailwind for stocks this week. Here’s who’s on deck today: CostCo, Intel, IBM and Kimberly-Clarkto name a few.
- gold is a tad higher and trades above $ 1,860 / ounce.
- The dollar is a mustache down.
- Raw is from a splinter [help, I’m running out of tiny metaphors]With Brent Trade below $ 56 / barrel.
- Bitcoin is down by 5.3%. A cool three-giant has been shaved of its worth in the past 24 hours $ 32,700. [No metaphor problem here.]
Bitcoin bulls are unfazed
Biden> Trump, Obama
The inauguration ceremony is over. Who has the tab?
For the win
Source: WallStreetBets / Wall St Memes
I wish everyone a pleasant day. See you here tomorrow … Until then, there’s more news below.
As always, you can write email@example.com or reply to this email with suggestions and feedback.