This is the web version of the Bull Sheet, Fortune’s daily No-BS newsletter in the markets. Sign up here to get it in your inbox.
Good Morning. The US futures are pretty flat, but there are many green shoots.
Europe’s energy stocks and crude oil prices continue to gain, as does Bitcoin. Tech futures look strong in the US, buoyed by impressive results from PayPal. Ebay and Qualcomm after the bell yesterday.
Weekly unemployment claims come in in a matter of hours, and tomorrow we have the first report on the outside of agriculture payroll for the Biden Presidency. Speaking of the president, Biden won’t keep his promise to deliver a new batch $ 1,400 stimulus checksbut it is open to giving away more targeted.
First, the Reddit Brigade get restless for round 3 of okay. As a Wienerdawgy divided on WallStreetBets: “I used my $ 600 stimulus at AMC last week, flipped it at a profit and bought GME, BB and more AMC lol.”
We call it Wienerdawgy impavid. A real cop.
Let’s spin the globe and see if we can find any more Wienerdawgys out there.
- The mayor Asia indices are usually lower in afternoon trading with Japan Nikkei Low 1%.
- It will be that largest IPO since Uber in 2019 – Chinese short video app Kuaishou to go public in Hong Kong tomorrow; it wants to increase $ 5.4 billion. It is poweredpartly from China’s live streaming farmers.
- There is a little more clarity today on a report The Hyundai-Kia will cooperate with Apple help develop an electric car model. The automaker’s shares were down on the news on Wednesday after rallies.
- The European stock exchanges were modestly higher out of the gates with that Stoxx Europe 600 flat outdoors, before climbing.
- Shares in Deutsche Bank were more than 3% this morning outside before they fall, according to the German lender reported the first annual profit in six years.
- Unfortunately, 2020 was a brutal year for the energy giant Royal Dutch Shell. It reported a large decrease in the adjusted annual profitbut raised his dividend yet.
- US futures I’ve been trading sideways all morning. This is the case after the major indices posted little gains on Wednesday.
- McKinsey has agreed pay $ 550 million settle a mountain of claims for his part in “turbocharging” America Opioid epidemic.
- The shares in PayPal have increased 4.5% this morning after the fintech giant in the pre-market reported knockout Q4 numbers yesterday helped by his new one Cryptocurrency and “Buy now, pay laterDeals.
- gold is down, trade around $ 1,825 / ounce.
- The dollar is up. The greenback has had a good week.
- Raw is on, with Brent push near $ 59 / barrel.
- From 10 a.m. in Rome Bitcoin was almost up 7% at the $ 38,500. Next stop: 40K?
Timing the Tendies (parody)
No regrets, no surrender
The love for central bankers = forever
The 100 million club
I wish everyone a pleasant day. See you here tomorrow … Until then, there’s more news below.
As always, you can write email@example.com or reply to this email with suggestions and feedback.