All of your fantasy baseball design prep needs are gathered in one place! Here you will find rankings, projections, cheat sheets, analyzes and strategies. Check for new content every day until the opening day of the 2021 season. If this is your first time playing fantasy baseball, we recommend starting with the basics: The Game Book: How To Play Fantasy Baseball.
You don’t have a team yet? Create or join a league and then immerse yourself in the latest design prep material tailored to the format you prefer.
Rankings, projections, depth maps and cheat sheets
• • MLB depth charts
From our award-winning fantasy baseball analysts:
• • Best recent draft day values from ADP (9th March)
By Eric Karabell
By Tristan H. Cockcroft
By Todd Zola
Spring training watch
• •Spring Training PM: Houston is having some problems (8th of March)
• •Spring Training PM: Don’t overlook the Orioles (1st March)
Points league corner
The Game Book: Become an Expert in 9 Innings
• •Inning 1: How to play fantasy baseball
• •Inning 2: League formats: which one is right for you?
• •Inning 3: Everything you need to know about auction drafts
• •Inning 4: How to Create the Ultimate Cheat Sheet
• •Inning 5: Optimize your roster
• •Inning 7: Always be one step ahead of league trends
• •Inning 8: Use advanced statistics to get ahead
• •Inning 9: Master the 2021 player pool
For Dynasty Leaguers
Fantasy Focus Baseball current podcasts
LISTEN::: Adjustments to the late spring ranking
Eric Karabell and Tristan Cockcroft break open the rash of recent injuries: Will Fernando Tatis Jr (0:45) fall and is Zac Gallen (5:50) now a player to fade away? They discuss the breakout potential of the now well-compensated Lance McCullers (16:10) and a “statcast treasure” (18:55) to consider before jumping into the compromised bullpen Blue Jays (21:55) and yours dip in the best hashbrowns!
Todd Zola joins the show to discuss his projection process (1:42) before detailing the difference between rankings and projections (8:42). He also talks about the impact of spring training on his final outlook for the season (13:12) and his top three takeaways from his process (15:12). Eric and Tristan address the most recent pitcher injuries (28:20) and answer your questions about the preseason (29:55)!
Eric interviews MLB insider Kiley McDaniel to get a feel for when we’ll see Wander Franco this season (1:00), if Randy Arozarena is a star (2:10) and what other prospects in the redraft leagues of 2021 are worth a look. AJ Mass then joins Eric to talk about whether spring training is important (4:30 p.m.), which makes the ranking of points its own unit (7:00 p.m.), whether it’s worth addressing the catch position early on ( 27:21) and whether this is the case now, time to switch from Jacob deGrom to dynasty leagues (35:25)
In case you missed it: Archived podcasts from Fantasy Focus Baseball
From the archive:
• •From 2020 Carabels Dos and Don’ts of Drawing
• •From 2020 How to taunt a draft like a pro
• •From 2020 The lost art of shadow mockery
• •From 2020 How to optimize your roster for stolen bases
• •From 2020 The enduring legacy of fantasy baseball